Our first step in the B12 Process is to BRING people to Jesus Christ. God’s desire is for the lost. We must recognize the urgency of winning people to Christ, and be constantly engaged in evangelism. Because God’s desire is for “all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth” (1 Tim. 2:4), it takes a whole army of men and women who are saved and transformed by Jesus Christ to share the gospel.
The Gospel or “good news” is this: Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God, became a man, died to pay the penalty for our sin so that we might become the children of God through faith alone in Christ. In short, “the Gospel” is the sum total of the saving truth as God has communicated it to lost humanity as it is revealed in the person of His Son and in the Holy Scriptures, the Bible.
The 3×3 model of open cell
Evangelism begins with prayer. Implement this simple but effective prayer strategy.
- Begin with three Christians in your cell.
- Each member asks God for three non-believing friends.
- During the 1st week, the three members pray daily synchronized prayer and fast for the nine names of non-believers. This continues for the whole month.
- In the 2nd week, each member makes phone contact with the non-believers.
- In the 3rd week, the Christians share about Jesus and invite the non-believers to the cell meeting.
- In the 4th week, the Christians invite the non-believers to the church service.